10 Tips for Finding the Right Shoes
March 20, 2021 0 Comments
When shopping for shoes, don’t just have fashion in mind — also consider build quality and functionality. These 10 tips can help you choose the right shoes for your feet:
- Make a tracing of your foot on paper and carry it with you. Place the shoe you select on top of the tracing and check the
- fit on the paper. If the shoe does bot fit properly on the tracing, don’t even try it on.
- Your foot expands naturally with use during the day – so shop for shoes during the afternoon when they have reached their full size.
- Be consistent with your socks. Use the same type of socks to the store that you intend to wear with the shoes.
- Feet change with age, in some case getting larger and wider. Ask the salesperson to measure both of your feet — and do this every time you buy new shoes. If one foot is larger than the other, buy a size that fits the larger foot.
- Sizes vary between manufacturers even when displaying the same size unit. Use your own judgement to determine how comfortable the shoes are, rather than what the advertisement claims.
- Check the comfort level on all surfaces. Walk around on hard surfaces as well as s carpet to see how the shoe feels on both.
- Judge and buy the shoe by your own comfort level rather than a shoe’s size or description.
- The insides of the shoe are as important as the exterior. Feel the inside of the shoes to see if they have any tags, seams, or other material that might affect your foot.
- Check the quality of the soles. Do they just look good or are they sturdy enough to provide complete protection from external surfaces and objects? Does the sole material provide sufficient cushioning or is it very stiff? Walk around the shoe store for a while and assess how they feel.